Sunday, January 22, 2012

Traffic jams are not just a London thing

Our Saturday morning started as always. Early start - before hitting the Sea to Sky Highway to Whistler.

The Sea to Sky is the main road connecting Vancouver to Whistler. Usually it takes us two hours. This weekend, it took five.

Why? Traffic. 

Yes, it appears that traffic jams don't just affect London. 

And what caused the jam? A typical British reason; the weather.

In fairness, the weather was pretty extreme. The roads were like ice rinks with slushy snow on top. Not the best conditions.

Thankfully Monty, our beautiful van, did a sterling job. We got to and from Whistler without incident.

Once we got to the mountain, we had a great time. I did my first "tree run". This essentially means you go off the side of the piste through trees. Sounds easy enough.

I hadn't told David of my new found confidence, before quietly following him into a "tree run". Interesting experience - I hit almost every tree I saw and ended up upside down in powder. They're a lot harder then they look!

CS

No comments:

Post a Comment