Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

We saw the New Year in with style...with friends up in Whistler.

It was a fabulous day - me skiing, with four boy boarders - who, I'll be honest, were just a little bit speedier than me.

We decided to make our New Year's Eve ski a challenge - by 'forgetting' to pack some essentials. Firstly, David forgot his board pants; secondly, I forgot my ski poles (obviously we didn't intentionally 'forget').

A friend came to David's rescue and provided day trousers. Not quite board pants, but they were good enough to make him respectable.

Unfortunately no spare poles were in sight. I braved the mountain & continuously tried to swipe seemingly 'lost' poles to no avail.

Alas, all the 'pro' skiers were pole-less too...so in effect, I was simply fitting in with my peers...

Post-ski, we were treated to a hot tub (courtesy of  Cathy & Dan, thank you) to relax our tired muscles. This was accompanied by a glass of wine or two & dinner.

Nice way to greet 2012!

CS

No comments:

Post a Comment