Saturday, January 7, 2012

Going State Side: Mount Baker

We had an eventful day; rather than going to Whistler, our regular haunt, we changed direction - crossing the US border towards Mount Baker.

You can check out our route by clicking here

Exciting adventure. We crossed the border in less than 15 minutes - which I believe is a rarity. We only got told off for having orange peel in our car. No part of an orange can cross the border apparently. No idea why.

We then arrived here:


Mount Baker is stunning. It's a local resort for local people; very few tourists. This is surprising given its amazing amounts of snow.

The resort worked for both of us. For me, the slopes were groomed, with only a little bit of loose snow to soften falls. For David, there were plenty of tree runs off the pistes, as well as parks, half pipes etc. Happy campers.

My only fall was pretty spectacular. My ski got stuck - I fell - and slide down the slope head first, with my body in a starfish shape, skis in opposite directions. Brilliant. Even this didn't stop me falling in love with Mount Baker.

We've now got visas for the US for three months & I think we'll use them.

CS

No comments:

Post a Comment