Saturday, April 20, 2013

Van Sun Run 2013

This year I got involved with the Vancouver Sun Run. It's only 10K but it's the largest 10k in North America with more than 50,000 people running. To put it into perspective, 30,000 people typically run the London marathon; 50,000 is a lot of people.

This is a photo, taken by the Vancouver Sun, at the start of the race:


I was reasonably close to the front of the crowd at the start line. I ran the race in 54 minutes (a good effort for me) and was in the top 8000 finishers out of 50,000 (not too embarrassing).

I walked home afterwards and two hours after I'd began the race, some people were only just leaving the 'start' line. That's what happens when 50,000 people run.

It was a fun day & I'm glad I got involved.

Will I do it next year? Perhaps not...I was bashing people with my elbows most of the way round. Having more room & running a greater distance will be my next feat.

CS

No comments:

Post a Comment