Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Too good a tale not to share...!

Very funny evening from my perspective...

We had dinner planned tonight with two friends of ours - Alyssa & Drew. We were due to meet at 7pm near our apartment.

At 5.22pm I got a text from David saying, 'Just reached Mount Seymour. Cycled from home - so will be an hour or two. What time are we heading out?'


Naturally I was puzzled by this. Mount Seymour is the opposite side of Vancouver - across the sea & up a mountain. I politely reminded David that we were meeting at 7pm and that 'he better get pedaling!'


Six thirty rolls around and still no sign of David. I then get a reassuring call essentially saying his:


Yep - David - my personal/reliable 'sat nav' got lost. He was still near Mount Seymour and had been cycling in circles for over an hour.

Amazingly he did eventually make it to the restaurant and was only an hour late. He could barely walk up the stairs & cycled 60-70 miles in total.

Lesson learnt: take a map.


CS

No comments:

Post a Comment