Saturday, February 18, 2012

Stateside: part two

An interesting weekend. We decided to venture State-side again & ski in Mount Baker.

We travelled to Abbotsford from Vancouver, then crossed over the border. This should have been the route:


Unfortunately we got lost - almost immediately (in Downtown Vancouver) & things spiralled from there. A journey that should have taken us a couple of hours took nearer 3.5. Slightly painful but we got there in the end - and picked up a couple of hitch-hikers to keep us entertained on route.

We also used chains on our tires for the first time: pretty exciting. They're difficult to get on but efficient at stopping Monty (our car) from sliding.

The snow was really powdery - so David was in his element. Powder is quite a challenge for me but I still had fun & didn't break any bones.

I also thought I'd braved my first black run in Canada (go me!) - only to be told by David that I've actually done quite a few in Whistler, but he didn't tell me! Good to know I can handle black!

CS

No comments:

Post a Comment